Thứ Ba, 15 tháng 3, 2011

How to crochet Circles Scarf


IMG_5698
On Friday, amongst the various Bits-of-my-day, I showed you the above picture. It was just a quick snapshot of my crochet at the time when I took it out of my bag, and to be honest I didn't give the picture an awful lot of thought. It was only when you began commenting on this colourful "flower" of mine that I realised how ambiguous photographs can be sometimes.
Some of you even asked for my Flower Pattern, and awwww I feel kind of bad about this.......but you see....it isn't in fact a flower at all.
Although it certainly does look very flower-like when it's all rolled up like that.
IMG_5701

No, this is not an elaborate multi-petalled flower after all, but a Scarf.
Yes, a Scarf.
IMG_5728

Oh I LOvEd that flower scarf so much! I made it in January 2008, and wore it continuously day in day out throughout that winter, and then again last winter too. And truthfully, as much as I love it still, it's looking a bit tatty now. It began to fall apart a little too, at the point where the flowers were stitched together with little crochet leaves. 
So, I thought to myself :: time for a new one.
IMG_5759
I've had this design idea buzzing about in my head for quite a long time now, and as I had some of the deliciously soft and snuggly merino yarn left over after the Baby Ripple was made, I just knew it would be perfect for something scarfy.
IMG_5755
And folks, this scarf is Made to Last.
I didn't want any stitching involved this time, as that was the weak point in my last design. So these circles (which are easy-peasy to make and suuuper-addictive) are joined-on-the-go, in much the same way as I join my granny squares.
And what a result! I'm so pleased with the way it turned out!
There are 25 connecting circles in total, finished off with a two-row border (one row of single crochet, and the last row of slip-stitches worked in the back loop only).
IMG_5737
It was all looking a bit wobbly, tight and "stressed" yesterday when I'd finished hooking the borders, so off it went upstairs to have it's spa treatment. Ahhhh blocking out crochet is so super-satisfying. And furthermore, it works a treat. As you can see from the above pic, I blocked it directly onto the carpet floor (tut tut), pinning it out in one long line before spraying it with tepid water and leaving to dry naturally for 24hrs.
IMG_5756
It turned out quite long, this string of twenty five circles (it measures 152cm / 5ft long), but thats the way I like my scarves. I like them to hang down and look showy-offy, with some length to tie them up if one fancies.
IMG_5740
Here it is look, hanging in my hallway with my delicious Boden coat, waiting patiently for it's first outing.
IMG_5752
There....looking bright and breezy against my red jumper today.
IMG_5748
Incidentally, I do plan on sharing the love and giving you the pattern for this scarf if you might be remotely interested in hooking up some colourful circles to wrap around yourself this winter. Its a quick, fun project, and perfect for stash-busting.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét